CapMel.com Fishing Forums
Register  |   |   |  New Posts

Author Comment

MikeM

Reply with quote  #1 
 Just a quick FYI.
The boat launch at Jiggs Landing (only public launch on Ward Lake) is now closed for renovation. Scheduled to re-open April 17th.
fishindad

Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks for the info.  I know I really appreciate it.

Fishindad

Reply with quote  #3 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM
 Just a quick FYI.
The boat launch at Jiggs Landing (only public launch on Ward Lake) is now closed for renovation. Scheduled to re-open April 17th.

Sorry to hear that, I was hoping to go back there.....

Mike, I hope you had an alternate plan.

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM
 Just a quick FYI.

Sorry to hear that, I was hoping to go back there.....

Mike, I hope you had an alternate plan.

I have a few residential ponds in the area that will hold me over till the 18th!
GetRwet

Moderators
Reply with quote  #5 

I remember the old fish camp there a few years back.  Was almost Mayberry of sorts.

Mike,  don't know what your launching, but I have done this in the past,  launched from Linger.  I asked them if it was ok, for I was going to kayak & come back to the lodge for lunch.  They were cool with it, but that was a few years ago.

I also have done this with a buddy......Dropped a vehicle at Linger,  then went to Jiggs and launched.  Fished our way to Linger, pulled out, had lunch, loaded and left.  Made for a nice day/trip!

Reply with quote  #6 
GetRwet, thats what i plan on for my first ever freshwater trip, head up to linger have lunch and go home.

Does anybody know if a kayak can still be launched at jiggs, maybe on a bank or something avoiding the ramp?

MikeM

Reply with quote  #7 
Jigg's driveway is fenced off and sign at enterance said Ramp Closed until April 18th. I don't know if you are allowed to drag a yak through the construction area to the water.
I have not been to Linger Lodge for many months but I assume you can still launch there. My be a fee.

Stumpmaster

Reply with quote  #8 
Off Honore Blvd, is Old Farm Road, the north side goes to a "clubhouse" maybe HOA, but there is a kayak launch on the river there.

I don't know of any other spots between Jiggs and Linger Lodge.

Reply with quote  #9 

I contacted Manatee County and apparently the boat ramp at Jiggs Landing is now open for use according to Pat Hennen, Administrative Services Coordinator Natural Resources Department.

Dave
Unter

Reply with quote  #10 
Did they get rid of the vultures? Had to change the wipers last time I went there.
fishindad

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Jiggs Landing is now open

Thanks for the info!!

Fishindad

Reply with quote  #12 

Just for my own info, is there something wrong or not worth the effort in launching at the state park?  Is that area not worth fishing?  I always read of putting in at the bridge or landing but never at the parks ramp.

Davec

Reply with quote  #13 

I think you have confused Jiggs Landing with Lake Manatee.

Jiggs has the ramp that was just re-opened.

Lake Manatee has the "dirt ramp" down by the bridge as well as the ramp at the state park.

Dave
BassinAssassin

Reply with quote  #14 

Can someone please give me some more information on Jiggs Landing? I was reading there was a $3 fee a while back. Is the ramp free? I believe it is idle only w/ the outboard. Is that correct? What time does the ramp open or is it open 24 hours? Thanks

Dave

Reply with quote  #15 

OK gotcha, thanks.  Man you guys have alot of fishing areas available to you up there.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

All posts express only the views of the author of the post and not those of Capt. Mel Berman, or Mel-Fin Corporation. User Agreement